Pour nous contacter : soyez au rendez-vous sur IRC ! ⋅ Parcourir l'archive musicale Dogmazic ⋅ Notre Blog
Notre Documentation

Creative commons in the Netherlands

In the Netherlands we (Quallofill) manage our songs well: we've got a group calles BUMA/STEMRA and they manage the fee for acts that have their songs on the radio/tv (we pay them, they pay us).
But, you have to pay a lot of money and for a many small bands it is to expensive to pay that contribution. However, we'd tried and came to the conclusion that we were not allowed to put our music on the internet!
Of course we did and for that we took a CC-license. We do not tell BUMA/STEMRA, we're too small so they won't notice ;-)

But it all seems a bit strange doesn't it?
What to do now?

They say to change, but interbet is much faster then some people think...like a snail. We won't wait and take our own actions!

r

Réponses

• Hi Poptronique!

Good to see you here!

It seems that you have exactly the same problem with Stemra, that we have in France with Sacem. Their status don't allow you to CC your music, or even sometimes you have to pay to be able to broadcast your songs on your own website. We've seen examples here of people who were asked to pay a large amount of money for playing their music.
    I don't know if the stemra is as fussy as the sacem, but here they seem to monitor everything...
    Some people here had to create a website dedicated to "how to quit sacem"
    http://quitterlasacem.info/ which is a tutorial...about patience!
    I'll have a look at stemra's status...See what they say!
    I'm off for a few days(back to France) I'll keep you posted!

Ajouter un commentaire

GrasItaliqueBarréListe ordonnéeListe non ordonnée
Emoji
Aligner à gaucheCentrer le texteAligner à droiteBasculer en code HTMLBasculer en mode plein écranAllumer les lumières
Déplacer image/fichier